Tuesday 12 October 2010


ANNA OSTROM

A few weeks ago I went to the London Fashion & Art Event, an exhibition organised by Loulou Bontemps to promote a few of London's upcoming designers and artists. 
Situated in the Institute of Contemporary Arts, the exhibitors managed to create a friendly, familiar atmosphere with champagne reception and models presenting clothes of young talented designers.
Anna Ostrom was one of the designers I found most impressing: Anna is still studying Jewellery Design in Birmingham but presented an in my opinion outstandingly appealing collection of bracelets, earrings and necklaces. The collection's name "Urban Jungle" was inspired by big cities and their manifoldness. "London is animalistic," Anna says when asked about her inspiration. "We are all animals living in cities. That's why I am inspired by buildings and not really by nature. It's just in my blood. I'm definitely a city girl", she concludes. And an innovative one as well: Some of her rings are made out of three pieces that can all be worn separately (and if you lose one part of the ring you still have two other ones, really clever). 
Well done, Anna. I hope to stumble across your future boutique soon!